I want to install Geosoft Desktop Applications version 9.0 (or a later version) using the silent command.
I need to install Geosoft Desktop Applications 9.0 (or a later version) on a number of computers.
Before you begin you will need the following:
- A copy of the full setup.exe file (not the web installer) and a Software Install Key which are both available from Technical Support.
- To obtain the files email Geosoft Support and reference the version you need to install and request the Software Install Key
Once you have the files form Support follow these steps to run a silent install.
Steps to execute the silent install:
- Create a new folder on the C: drive called C:\GeosoftInstall
- Copy the installation *.exe and the Install Key to this new folder.
- Rename the .exe file to something simple such as setup.exe
- Launch the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the GeosoftInstall folder - cd C:\GeosoftInstall
- Run a silent installation using the following command:
If you need to install this on multiple computers repeat steps 1 - 6 on each computer.
The following parameters are optional as the Install Key contains which applications you are entitled to install. But if you wanted to customize your commands use these:
INCLUDE_OMCORE=1 Oasis montaj
INCLUDE_OMEDU=1 Oasis montaj Educational
INCLUDE_OMVIEWER=1 Oasis montaj Viewer
INCLUDE_TFA=1 Extensions for ArcGIS (Target for ArcGIS, Geochemistry for ArcGIS)
INCLUDE_PFA=1 Plug-in for ArcGIS
INCLUDE_MI=1 Plug-in for MapInfo
x86InstallFolder=[location of 32 bit Files Folder]
x64InstallFolder=[location of 64 bit Files Folder]
CommonFilesFolder=[location of Common Files Folder]
DataFilesFolder=[location of Data Folder]
The last 4 items are optional and enables you to specify a different location. For example you might want to change the location of the sample dataset files. If you don’t specify file locations then the default will be used.
setup.exe -silent -agreeToCASL -clientkeyfile=DesktopApplications.key
This will install all Geosoft software according to the DesktopApplications.key file.
setup.exe -silent -agreeToCASL -clientkeyfile=DesktopApplications.key INCLUDE_PFA=1 INCLUDE_OMCORE=0 INCLUDE_DATAFILES=0 INCLUDE_OMEDU=0 INCLUDE_OMTARGET=0 INCLUDE_OMVIEWER=0 INCLUDE_TFA=0 INCLUDE_MI=0
This will install Plug-in for ArcGIS exclusively.
setup.exe –silent –agreeToCASL –clientkeyfile=DesktopApplications.key INCLUDE_DATAFILES=2 INCLUDE_PFA=1
This will install software according to the DesktopApplications.key file as well as the sample dataset and the Plug-in for ArcGIS..