I want to share a Leapfrog 3D View with a colleague without requiring them to download an application. Seequent offers a free online viewing platform called LF View*.
Please note that Views are not support in Leapfrog version 2021.1 and later.
Step 1: Creating and uploading your scene
- Use Leapfrog version 6.0.5 or earlier
- Load all desired objects into the scene
- Upload the scene using the steps outline in this help topic: Uploading to view.
- Once the upload is complete, press the notification button (located in the top right hand corner).
- Press the "Click to Open View" link to view the scene. This will open and display the scene in Leapfrog View.
Step 2: Sharing the scene
- To share the scene, press the arrow button (top right next to your profile name)
- In the Share View dialog, use one of the three options.
Leapfrog View is a web application for uploading Leapfrog Scenes, with the ability to annotate the scene in View and create a story. You can share the link to clients who will be able to view the model using any web browser.
The following Help Topic outlines the different types of View projects and the permissions associated with them: https://view.seequent.com/faq#sharing-roles
There are also some technical limitations around file sizes that might make this method impractical if you have a large model to upload.
*View will be retired in August 2021